Hear Ye! Since 1998.
Please note: This post is at least 3 years old. Links may be broken, information may be out of date, and the views expressed in the post may no longer be held.
6
Mar 03
Thu

Sagacious Advice

I got vaccinated for Meningitis C last week. I hate needles, and Dad had great glee at seeing my reaction when he attached a three inch one to the syringe “just to see the look on my face”. He sent me a follow-up e-mail today:

Please note that you are vaccinated only against the C strain of the bacteria. This
accounts for only about 30% of outbreaks. i.e you don’t have immunity against the other 70%.

If there is an outbreak, run.

Gee, thanks Dad.